1. Requirements Mapping and Compliance Matrix
|The following text is slightly modified from NPR 7150.2C, NASA Software Engineering Requirements, Appendix C.|
1.1 The Software Classification Spreadsheet
To download the Software Classification Spreadsheet, please click the link: Compliance Matrix for Each Class
The rationale for the requirements is contained in this Handbook (NASA Software Engineering Handbook, NASA-HDBK-2203). Programs/Projects may substitute a matrix that documents their compliance with their particular Center's implementation of NPR 7150.2, if applicable. This topic contains a compliance matrix for the requirements organized by class and including a tailoring field for each requirement, tailoring rationale, and approval signature lines.
The Compliance Matrix documents the program/project's compliance or intent to comply with the requirements of NPR 7150.2 or justification for tailoring. The matrix lists:
- The unique requirement identifier.
- The section reference.
- The NPR 7150.2 requirement statement.
- The Technical Authority Level responsible for assessing a project's compliance matrices, tailoring, waivers, and deviations from requirements in NPR 7150.2.
- The applicability of the requirements in NPR 7150.2 to specific systems and subsystems within the Agency's investment areas, programs, and projects is determined through the use of the NASA-wide definition of software classes.
1.3 Tailoring Guidance
Use the following guidance, also included in the matrix, to interpret the contents of the compliance matrix included in this topic:
X - Indicates an invoked requirement by this NPR consistent with Software Classification (See SWE-139). May be tailored with Technical Authority approval (NPR 7150.2, Chapter 2.2).
Blank - Optional/Not invoked by NPR 7150.2.
Center - Center Director or the Center Director's designated Engineering Technical Authority or Center Director's designated Safety and Mission Assurance Technical Authority.
Each requirement in this Handbook also includes a graphical representation of its compliance matrix data:
1.4 Applicability Across Classes