2. Traceability to Other NPRs
The spreadsheet identifies relationships between the requirements ("shall" statements) in NPR 7150.2 and the parent policy NPD 7120.4D, NASA Engineering and Program/Project Management Policy, NPR 7123.1A, NASA Systems Engineering Processes and Requirements, and NPR 7120.5, NASA Space Flight Program and Project Management Requirements.
Draft versions of this spreadsheet were reviewed by the NPR 7150.2 Guidance Handbook Development Team as well as Office of the Chief Engineer (OCE) representatives before being approved for use by the NASA community.
Because the spreadsheet was generated as a guidance tool for NPR 7150.2, the NPR 7150.2 requirements are listed in the chart along with their identifiers (SWE numbers). All requirements mapped to the NPR 7150.2 requirements are identified by the clause number in their respective document. Empty cells indicate no related requirement in that particular document. Clarifying phrases and references to appendices where explanatory details are found are noted throughout the spreadsheet.
2.1 NPRs Mapping Spreadsheet
The following spreadsheet is available for download from the web: NPR 7150 traced to NPR 7123 and NPR 7120_20100716_V2
Caution: The comparison between NPR 7150.2 and NPR 7120.5D was made before the "E" revision to NPR 7120.5 was issued.
This spreadsheet has multiple columns, as described below:
- Column A: 7120.4D Section # - This column lists each section of NPR 7120.4D and indicates which sections have mappings to NPR 7150.2.
- Columns B/C: 7150 requirement and SWE-Number - These columns show the text of each of the NPR 7150.2 requirements (Column B) with the SWE requirement numbers (Column C).
- Column D: 7123.1A Section # - This column lists each section of NPR 7123.1A and indicates which sections have mappings to NPR 7150.2.
- Column E: 7120.5D Section # - This column lists each section of NPR 7120.5D and indicates which sections have mappings to NPR 7150.2.